Monday 30 January 2012

Welcome and Hello!


Welcome to my little blog. 'Life is Melody' is written by Sarah, an English girl on a mission for a life filled with lovely things, and is about a bit of fashion, a bit of lifestyle, a bit of music, everything that goes towards my quest.

About my fashion
A somewhat classic lolita, very kirei-kei, a fair bit otome and slightly hime but totally Tokyo. I recently returned from a long stay in Japan where I found the missing pieces of my fashion puzzle. Tired of the masculine cuts of western clothing, bored of the aggression of punkish studs I found salvation in the form of Intetsu from Ayabie who reawakened a love of delicate lolita and otome fashions, and in the feminine yet mature styles of Laisse Passe, Apuweiser Riche and Misch Masch. The latter are rarely blogged about brands together with the kirei-kei style that accompanies them. I want to introduce these wonderful clothes to wider audience, together with the otome and lolita styles I adore.

About my music:
I am an unashamed visual kei liker, having formerly lived that lifestyle in Tokyo and now working as Managing Editor of Rokkyuu.com. But while I love the vk melodrama, I find solace in ambient strains of Brian Eno, the whimsical Olivia and the oft-challenging 65daysofstatic. My blog title comes from the song, 'Life' by the visual kei band, Kannivalism. It is a fantastic song about finding positivity in darker times, and there is a recommended translation here at Antares. In addition to music, other media - period drama, exhibitions, plays - are great inspirations, and hopefully form something of a reviews collection.

About (London) Life:
Beauty, visiting, eating, interior design... I keep a room that is country-French meets shabby chic meets rococo and work hard to keep it that way. One can never have too many roses or rose perfumes. Furthermore in the UK and in Japan, there are so many great places to shop, to eat, to visit, I want to share my finds with other girls hunting down loveliness - and it is my mission to try every last macaron in London. Which brings me onto...

And about the Laduree Macarons:
An obsession of mine, I cannot pass the shop on Picadilly without buying something.

Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment